MINDFULNESS COURSES FOR WORK
Workplace Mindfulness Training (WMT) course is specifically designed for the workplace. The Wordplace Mindfulness Training course was developed by The Mindfulness Exchange, an offshoot from The Oxford Mindfulness Centre. The course has been adapted from the Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy course (MBCT) developed at Oxford University by Mark Williams.
This course is designed for the workplace setting and has an emphasis on developing skills to manage our minds in the modern demanding workplace. We as experienced educationalists can tailor and adapt the course to suit your business case.
Evidence has shown that Mindfulness training in the workplace can:
Improve employee wellbeing
Develop leadership capability and emotional intelligance
Reduce stress and anxiety
Decrease negative mental activity
Improve emotional regulation
Significantly reduce burnout
COURSE CONTENT AND OBJECTIVES
Participants will learn a working definition of Mindfulness, an explanation of what it is and what it is not. A discussion on how we deliver mindfulness and a presentation of the scientific evidence (via video) for its effectiveness in the professional setting. The participants are then introduced to several techniques used to train our minds in mindfulness. They will be taught how to adapt these mindfulness techniques to their own life with a view to developing mindfulness as a way of life in the workplace and at home. A course text book with reading and exercises to practice following each session promotes consolidating the learning.
Listed below is general course content, but this can be tailored to suit the needs of the organisation. So, for example, if the prevailing problem is recognised as stress related more focus will be put on the issue concerning the organisation.
- An Introduction to Mindfulness – what it is and what it is not, view the evidence.
- To be able to apply Mindfulness techniques so that they can experience ‘being in the moment’ and aim towards a more mindful way of life.
- To learn to Meditate and settle the mind.
- To experience and build the connection between body and mind.
- To learn about the connection between thoughts, feelings and emotional control.
- To enable them to recognise thoughts and manage emotions.
- To develop practical techniques and tools that they can use everyday to improve their happiness levels from the School of Positive Psychology.
- To have practical tools to integrate Mindfulness into everyday life.
60 and 90 MINUTE SESSIONS
Courses are generally offered as 60 minute or 90 minute sessions. They can be held as breakfast meetings, lunch or after work sessions, to suit the organisation.
- The course is usually delivered in 60 minutes or 90 minutes.
- Full Day or Part Day Courses with the same content can be created if this fits with the needs of the organisation
Courses provided by us here at Train My Mind are designed to meet the objectives of your organisation.
NB: Please see for further information and research evidence : The Mindfulness Initiative http://www.mindfulnet.org/Building-the-Case-for-mindfulness-in-the-workplace_v1.1_Oct16_Full_doc.pdf
Find out more
We would love to hear from you if you are interested in finding about how Mindfulness can help you.